Shabbat Greeter - Information and Online Sign-Up
As part of our support of the Temple's access committee, we have provided a simple means for members to sign up as greeters (or ushers) for Shabbat services
. We hope to get from two to four ushers for each service. If you have never ushered, you may wish to pick a day that someone else has already chosen; consider it our apprenticeship program. Provide your e-mail address when you sign up and we will do our best to notify you as your big day approaches.
General Guidelines for Ushers at Temple Sinai
Thank you for volunteering to be an usher at our services. The ushers are the face of Temple Sinai.
- Smile and greet congregants and guests coming to services. "Shabbat Shalom" is a nice thing to say.
- Give out appropriate prayer books and the announcement sheet.
- Hearing devices should be available on the yarmulke box.
- Don't wait for anyone to ask for help. On the other hand, don't force yourself on someone who says "no thank you."
- Remain in the lobby until about five minutes into the service for late comers.
- Sign up!