There are so many creative ways to get involved in our school! Here are just a few of them:
- Parent education workshops and family events are held throughout the year.
- Parent Committees meet throughout the year to work on events and projects that enhance our school.
- We encourage parents to share ideas and concerns with our staff and faculty anytime.
- Check out our family resources: books, articles, videotapes and other helpful materials on parenting, child development, health and nutrition and other family topics.
Parent Volunteer Requirement:
There are a variety of ways to volunteer and connect with the TSP community. Parent participation enhances the quality and value of your child’s education. Volunteering reinforces children’s Jewish education as you become models ("dugmot") of core Jewish values ("middot"). When you get involved at school, you teach your children to take responsibility for their community as you show them that you do it yourself.
- In the classroom, you can: take photos of the children, share information about your occupation, baking challah, do an art or cooking projects, play music or read stories to the children.
- Outside the classroom, you can: help coordinate a school event, help with a fundraising project, assist with maintaining our garden, etc.
Preschool Parent Committee:
The Preschool Parent Committee (PPC) oversees the volunteer activities of the preschool community. It supports the preschool director and faculty, and plans events that enrich our preschool and greater community. For more information, contact PPC President, Adrienne Kirschner.